Now Hiring: Purchasing Manager
Is responsible for leadership in the business areas of purchasing and receiving.
Prefer an associate degree in business or related field and three years of purchasing experience. Years of experience may be traded for years of education in some circumstances. Applicants must exhibit the ability to lead and motivate others, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and coordinate a team effort. Must be able to handle job duties with a mind to quality and possess fair computer knowledge, including the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations.
- Communicates with vendors to obtain product information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Reviews vendor performance using vendor-report-card and makes appropriate changes as necessary.
- Orders critical raw materials, such as steel, using and maintaining run sheets and other data.
- Reviews company purchases and processes purchase orders.
- Coordinates all inventory and cycle-count initiatives and programs.
- Maintains computerized procurement records relating to purchased items, costs, delivery, product quality/performance, and inventory.
- Deals with material shortages and other daily issues.
- Oversees work of Receiving Supervisor.
- Contributes to overall company performance, strategic planning and continuous improvement.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor. North Central Door Company reserves the right to revise this job description and change the job duties and the responsibilities as the need arises.
To Apply for this Position:
You may also drop off your resume/job application at North Central Door Company:
900 Carr Lake Road