Production SupervisorThe Production Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of production processes and employees.
Desired and/or Required Skills and Experience
Prefer post-secondary education in business or another production-leadership field. 5-years of experience in a production setting is preferred. Applicants must possess knowledge of production methods and strategies, exhibit the ability to lead and motivate others, have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally, and have the ability to get along with management, co-workers, and those under supervision. Must be able to coordinate a team effort utilizing subordinate personnel. Must be able to handle job duties with a mind to quality and safety. Must possess fair computer knowledge. Must possess the willingness to learn.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of production department in manufacturing of overhead garage doors.
- Applies knowledge of production methods, processes, machines and equipment, plant layout, and production capabilities in the planning of production schedule.
- Reviews production orders to ascertain product data, such as, types, quantities, specifications of garage doors, and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan production operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequence for manufacturing garage doors, utilizing knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities, and human resource requirements.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with all company safety protocols, quality standards, and policies.
- Meets regularly with subordinate personnel for purposes of maintaining high morale, conducting training, and enhancing two-way communication.
- Prepares MAPS metrics for use in determining department effectiveness, utilizes the training matrix protocols to assess training effectiveness, documents conversations with subordinate personnel, prepares timecards and leave slips, initiates and participates in continuous improvement efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply for this Position:Email your resume and completed job application to the HR Manager, Justin Holley: email@example.com.
You may also drop off your resume/job application at North Central Door Company: 900 Carr Lake Road Bemidji, MN